1. Pilih jawaban yang menurut saudara paling benar, berikan alasan/penjelasan pilihan saudara tersebut.
Chapter 1 Quiz, The Nature of Business–The Big Picture
1. The fastest growing demographic group today (on a percentage basis) is:
A.those under age 25
B.those under age 50
C.those under age 65
D.those over age 80
2. Many new businesses are built primarily around:
C.traditional retail sales
3. The most tangible reward derived from business is:
4. Of the following factors causing business problems, which are beyond the business’ immediate control?
B.Tragedy such as September 11th
C.Poor management decisions
D.All of the above
5. A key ingredient for business success and for understanding business failures is:
6. Organizations such as the American Red Cross, the Girl Scouts, and the YMCA are examples of:
B.non profit organizations
C.for profit firms
D.None of the Above.
7. A business that excels over time is a(n):
8. The business model that places a high value on the company’s relationships with its customers, has no retailers or resellers adding time and cost, is called a(n):
A.traditional retail business model
B.modified retail business model
C.direct-to-customer business model
D.direct-marketing business model.
9. The company that best characterizes the “direct-to-customer” business model is:
10. Aggressive entrepreneurship, a willingness to change, and strong ethics” is at the heart of which of the following businesses?
11. The only airline company to have 29 consecutive profitable years is:
12. Innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, and customer orientation are long-standing elements of the ________ developed and fostered by former CEO, Herb Kelleher.
D.None of the above.
13. The authors suggest that business is:
A.exciting, dynamic, and fun
B.exciting, dynamic, and challenging
C.exciting, fun, and challenging
D.exciting, prosperous and fun.
14. Business leaders must react to the dynamics of the business system as well as all the pushes and pulls of the overall society. The decisions that a business leaders makes may be complicated and have impacts far beyond that single business. This is called a(n):
A.closed systems approach
B.open systems approach
15. An organization that strives for profits by providing goods and services that meet customer needs is called a(n):
D.none of the above
16. In the long run, the quality of a firm’s ____________ is a key ingredient for its success.
D.all of the above
17. When leaders are looking ahead for new opportunities, they are said to be:
18. Even though business is exciting, rewarding, dynamic and challenging, it is often _____________.
19. An entrepreneur is often associated with which of the following?
D.Fortune 500 companies.
20. The three focus companies of the text are:
A.Best Buy, United, and UPS
B.Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Southwest Airlines
C.Best Buy, Dell, and Wal-Mart
D.Best Buy, Dell, And Southwest Airlines.
2. JELASKAN DENGAN CONTOH APA YANG SAUDARA KETAHUI TENTANG :
1. Goods producing business
2. Services producing business
3. Persamaan fungsi dan aktivitas dari kedua tipe tersebut
4. Empat macam factor produksi
5. Arti penting profit bagi businessman
6. Empat hak atau prinsip “private enterprise system”
7. Konsep invisible hand
8. Tiga hal yang mempengaruhi bisnis suprastruktur, infrastruktur, dan struktur
Selamat mengerjakan boleh buka buku dan silahkan didiskusikan dengan teman yang lain